General timeframe for performance of work:
Work in the above listed areas is expected to begin in at some point between November 2020 and September 2021, with the exact timing depending on receipt of an official task order from USAID/BiH. Short-listed candidates will be contacted regarding next steps in the selection process as soon as the task order request is received.
- Master’s Degree (at a minimum) in social sciences, economics, monitoring and evaluation, development studies or a related subject-matter field.
- For consultants - subject-matter experts: the candidate should have a minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in the sector(s) relevant for the particular research in BiH and proven recognition of subject-matter expertise and research skills.
- For consultants - research (technical) experts: the candidate should have experience in a minimum of two (2) evaluations and/or assessments conducted for USG agencies (including evaluation of local policies/programs conducted with support of USG funds), preferably as a lead/co-lead.
- For all consultants: The candidates must have a proven record of effective data collection with high-ranking government officials, relevant business sector representatives, media and/or NGOs/CSOs.
- The candidates must be fluent in English, with the ability to produce well-written reports and demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
- The candidates should have a sound understanding of and firm commitment to USAID’s mandate and values.
- BiH citizenship is required.
This call is open for 30 days.
In this phase, interested consultants should submit their application packages, which will include:
- Curriculum Vita (CV)
- Reference list with three references (name, phone, e-mail)
- Two pieces of written work authored by the applicant, which demonstrate the consultant’s methodological approach, analytical and drafting skill, and/or relevant subject-matter expertise.
- Expected gross (net + taxes/contributions) daily rate stated in convertible marks. Expected daily rate should be based on a level of effort not exceeding 30 work days.
Application packages should be submitted to email@example.com.
Depending on the type of consultancy that is being applied for, the title of e-mail should read:
"Consultant service offer - ”, and note technical or subject-matter expert.
MEASURE II will invite shortlisted candidates for an interview, which will include a short verification of English writing skills. The selected candidates will be included on a MEASURE II roster for other upcoming research in FY2021 and beyond.
MEASURE II retains the right to cancel the procurement for candidates in any phase and without obligation to offer justification at any stage before the contract is signed.
Please, no telephone or e-mail inquiries.